Tracy Cosilmon

Town Clerk: Tracy M. Cosilmon

Deputy Town Clerk: Gretchen Walter

Part Time Deputy Clerk: Barbara Chiarizia

Phone: 315-752-1180  ext. 501

Fax: 315-699-0039

[email protected]

Town Board Liaison: Councilor Conway


The Town Clerk’s office issues hunting and fishing licenses, marriage licenses, dog licenses and parking permits. In addition, we can provide a wide variety of information relative to the activities of the Town Board and other issues of town-wide interest.

Dog Information


Please bring in a picture of your pet to  display on our pet bulletin board in Town Hall.

If you have lost or have found a dog, please call the Town of Clay Dog Control at 315- 652-3848 or the Central New York Vet Services (Animal Kingdom) 315-699-0375.  You may also contact the  SPCA at 315-454-4479.

Please have proper identification on dogs collars so they will have a better chance to be returned to the owners before going to the animal shelter. Animal Shelter fees could range up to $160.00.

For information about dog licensing, fees, and payment, visit the Forms, Licenses & Permits page.

Online Dog Licensing Renewal Information Letter

The Town of Cicero has a leash law ordinance which states all dogs shall remain on the owner’s property unless on a leash and under control.

Additionally, the Town of Cicero has a “barking dog” ordinance stating that no dog shall be allowed to bark continuously for 10 minutes or intermittently for 30 minutes. Please be considerate of your neighbors.

All dog owners, please pick up after your dog.

Please review the Town Code Article III Control of Dogs – Chapter 58 Animals Town of Cicero – Chapter 58 Animals – Control of Dogs

The Town of Cicero Rabies Clinic will be announced at a later date and will be held at the Cicero Highway Garage, 6658 NYS Route 31.  Please bring past immunization records. A  voluntary donation is appreciated.  Onondaga County Health Department 2019 Rabies Shot Clinics

Handicap Parking Permits

Parking permit applications are available on the Forms, Licenses & Permits page.

Hunting & Fishing

Hunting Licenses went on sale in the Town Clerk’s Office on Thursday, August 1st, 2019.

Hunting and fishing license information may be found on the Forms, Licenses & Permits page or

Free Fishing Days: During Free Fishing Days/Weekends, anyone can fish the fresh waters of New York State and fishing license is required!   Free Fishing Dates:  February 16-17, 2019, June 29-30, 2019, September 28, 2019 and November 11, 2019.  Free Fishing Days are sponsored by the DEC.

Take the family fishing and don’t forget the grandparents!

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses may be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office during business hours.  Call for information or review on the Forms, Licenses & Permits page.

Return the FAVOR card

(Find & Assist Vets of Record):  Any honorably discharged military Veteran residing in Onondaga County can get their FAVOR card by bringing their discharge or DD-214 into the County Clerk’s Office or the Town Clerk’s Office along with photo identification. A card will be given to the applicant to begin their savings.

Other Services

E-Z Passes can be purchased in the Town Clerk’s Office – ($25.00)