Calling all students, artists and inspired community members! The Town of Cicero has re-launched the “Town of Cicero Logo Contest”. A winner was not selected by the Cicero Town Board from the previous contest entries. We’re also seeking volunteer judges to help decide the winner (more information below).
The Town of Cicero is considering a new visual identity in the form of a new town logo. We are seeking individuals who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo design. The logo should: represent our community’s heritage, past, present and future as well as include “Town of Cicero” and our Town’s established date 1807.
How to Enter the Contest
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by the Town of Cicero Logo Committee, all entries must be:
1. Submitted directly to David Kirk, Information Systems Coordinator: [email protected] prior to the deadline.
2. Contest dates – October 1, 2019 through midnight November 18, 2019
3. In the subject line please write: Town Logo Contest
4. Individuals may submit up to two (2) entries.
5. Submitted in high resolution with 300 dpi or higher, .jpeg, jpg, .png, .tiff.
6. Each submission must include: submitter’s name, email address, day time phone number, and mailing address.
Winners will be announced on December 11, 2019, via our website, social media websites and by direct contact to the winner’s email account.
Professional: The logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (stationery, pamphlets, t-shirts etc.). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye catching, it must still be legible. The submitted image should be in high resolution with 300 dpi or higher, .jpeg, .jpg, png, .tiff.
1. If wider than tall: No more than 33% wider than tall (approximately).
2. If taller than wide: No more than 20% taller than wide (approximately).
* Logo: Should reflect the Town of Cicero’s heritage, past, present and future. Logo must include “Town of Cicero” and established date 1807. Creativity and innovation are encouraged.
* Color: There are no limitations and any color may be used. However, logo must also work in black and white.
* Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published.
The top entries will be selected by a Town of Cicero Logo Committee which will be made up of seven (7) individuals from the Town government, business community, school district, a youth, and a senior citizen. Once the committee selects at least three (3) logo’s submitted they will be presented to the Cicero Town Board, who in turn will vote on the final winner.
Contestants agree that the Town of Cicero may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including property rights to the logo, to the Town of Cicero, NY. Additionally, the Town of Cicero, NY may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the Town. The Town of Cicero reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Contest winner will receive a basket of items from local merchants (and bragging rights!).