Zoning Department Clerk
This position is part-time, Monday – Friday, 4 hours a day, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
There are paid time off benefits, including vacation, bereavement time, personal time, and holiday pay.
Pay is $12.00 per hour.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Provide clerical and administrative support for the Zoning and Planning Department.
2. Assist in the application process and the collection and processing of fees for building, zoning, and related permits. Obtain and maintain sufficient level of regulatory knowledge.
3. Schedule and coordinate building inspections.
4. Greet and assist customers at the counter.
5. Answer and screen phone calls; provide general information and route call to appropriate person, taking and delivering messages as appropriate.
6. Provide information required for Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals review process; assists in packet and preparation for these meetings.
7. Create and maintains permits files, office forms, handouts, and computer databases as required.
8. Complete special projects as directed by the department head.
9. Use records, databases, the Internet, and other sources to research information needed for the department.
10. Cross train for other departmental positions.
A minimum of one-year office experience in a customer service capacity working with the general public is required.
Although not required, it would enhance your qualifications if you had experience working in a construction office, or previous experience in zoning, codes field.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities needed to perform effectively in this position
Above average customer service skills, including being welcoming and friendly, and using good communications skills.
Ability to withstand the stress of dealing with the general public, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
Knowledge of commercial and residential property regulations and requirements.
Ability to use Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
Ability to learn and use a variety of software applications.
Job-related Physical Abilities needed in order to perform the job in a satisfactory manner
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use a computer monitor, and stand at the counter to serve the public. Ability to speak clearly in person and via phone.
ALL résumés submitted must include a completed Employment Application Form. The form is available by clicking here. Submit résumé and application form to HRManager@ciceronewyork.net